TEACHING ANSWERS FOR LIFE!
Mike and Karen Smith gathered with a few mighty Kingdom Builders in their living room in April 2001 and said “Yes Lord” to carry out God’s vision for a church that would impact Sanilac, Huron, Tuscola and Lapeer counties with life-giving messages, powerful praise and worship and to reach out to the young and the young at heart. Seventeen years later this blue jean friendly church has seen thousands come to Christ and many miracles performed by the hand of God.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
- We believe the Bible is the inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God, without error in the original languages.
- We believe the one true God manifests Himself in three persons; Father, Son and Holy Spirit, known as the Trinity.
- We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His atoning death, His bodily resurrection, His complete conquest over the power of Satan, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His sure return.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling, Christians are empowered to live Godly lives.
- We believe the church consists of all those who truly believe in Jesus Christ and His atoning death, and who trust in Him as their Savior, and are a member of the Body of Christ.
- We believe that regeneration by the Holy Spirit is essential for the salvation of lost men and women. This salvation is wholly by grace through faith and will be evident by the fruit of repentance, good works, thanksgiving, righteousness and the Spirit.
- We believe that healing is provided for the spirit, soul and body in the atoning death of Jesus Christ.
- We believe that all the gifts of the Holy Spirit are operational in the Body of Christ, but let all things be done decently and in order.
- We believe in the ordinance of Baptism in water (by immersion) in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, and the authority of Jesus’ name. We believe in the ordinance of Holy Communion.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost. The lost unto eternal damnation; the saved unto eternal life.
Baptism is an open display of our repentance. It is one of the most symbolic gestures of our Christians faith. It is showing the entire world that we are not ashamed of the gospel and we believe that Jesus’ death on the cross paid the price for our sins. By being baptized we are becoming one with Christ.
When you are baptized you are symbolically buried with Christ in His death and raised again in His newness of life. We offer water baptism. If you are interested in being baptized we offer water baptisms, please contact Pastor Mike at 810-837-1512 firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Life Song we believe a parent is responsible for bringing their child up in the Lord’s ways. We offer Baby Dedications.
We ask the parents to make this vow to the Lord.
- Do you now present your child before God, in solemn dedication
- Do you consecrate yourselves as parents to bring up your child in the nurture and admonition of the Lord?
- Do you promise to instruct him/her in the teachings of Jesus Christ, and in the practice of prayer, and to guide him/her in the development of a Christ-like character?
- Do you promise to try to the best of your ability to shape the home life of your child, both by family devotions and by your words and your example, that he/she will at the proper age most naturally come to an open confession of Christ, and into the fellowship and service of the church?
- Inasmuch as you have promised before God and these witnesses to dedicate your child to God, and yourselves to the task of rearing him/her for God, I charge you to address yourselves faithfully to this sacred obligation, with wisdom, patience and devotion; and to this end may the blessing of God rest upon you.
If you would to make this spiritual commitment to your family, please contact Pastor Mike at 810-837-1512 email@example.com.